This particular house has:
- 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms (the master has a real king-size bed, a large walk-in closet, and a large bathroom with a full bath and separate shower / the guest bedroom has a king-size bed -- 2 twins pushed together, and an en-suite bath).
- Separate room for an office
- No social bath
- Living room with "white" sofa. Fireplace has a gas insert (somewhere). No TV.
- Dining room with nice dining room set
- Kitchen with Maytag dishwasher & a built-in microwave. Island has cook-top with oven. Refrigerator has side-by-side doors. And there is a large pantry. There are a lot of cupboards in the kitchen.
- Laundry room has GE washer & Whirlpool dryer (both look old)
- Bonus room has a lot of space with comfortable furniture and walls of windows that open up.
- Casita is located downstairs in the garden area. It has 1 bedroom (double-size bed); small kitchen, dining area, and living room. You can sublet it for about $500 a month.
- From the garage to the house, there are about 9 steps. From the sidewalk entry to the front door, there are no steps.
- There are no fruit trees
- It has a large covered patio with lots of furniture and nice views of the mountains and the lake
- There is no water filtration system, so you would need to have bottled water delivered weekly (cost about $1 for a 5 gal. bottle -- that is what we do).
- You can't flush the toilet paper (nowhere can you do that in the Lake Chapala area)
- There are ceiling fans throughout the house and boveda ceilings (very nice), plus there are some skylights.
- You would pay for your rent, plus for gas & electricity -- everything else is included.
- You would need to pay a deposit of $1,200 to hold it as there are others interested in this home also.
You can enter the home from the street gate which is a level pathway to the front door.
|Looking from the front door to the street gate|
|From the garage|
|along this path to the bonus room|
This is the phone in your home (and in the casita) that rings when someone is at the main gate.
|So you don't have to walk to the gate to open it|
|Hot water tank (propane tank is outside)|
Here is the patio that runs from the bonus room to the master bedroom at the other end of the house:
Here are views from the home (keep in mind that we are having hazy skies right now but they'll clear up once the rains start). The property backs up to Indian land, which can never be built on.
|From the garage|
Also to the right of the front door and just off the kitchen to the right are the two bedrooms (one is a second master bedroom, and the other can be used as an office).
|Shower controls are at the front of the shower|
Master bedroom & bathroom
|View from master bedroom|
|Large walk-in closet|
Now we'll see the casita, which is down these stairs:
|Entrance from the path|
|Boveda ceiling & ceiling fan|
|Separate bedroom (double-size bed)|
|Living room, kitchen & dinette area|
From what Steve says, it's not hard to keep this casita rented (it is vacant right now though).
There is no pool on the property and Steve says that there aren't many private pools in the Raquet Club.
Hope this information is helpful to you.