Sunday, July 23, 2017

Trip to Guanajuato (Part 3 of 3)

We spent a day in San Miguel de Allende.  It's about a 90-minute drive from Guanajuato.  

We took a city tour, walked around the main plaza, and had lunch at a neat restaurant (can't remember the name though).  A woman stopped and talked to me about my camera as she was taking a photography class and was interested in what kind of camera to buy.  She's an American lady who's been living in San Miguel for about 18 months.  I asked her how she liked it and she thought for a second and then said that she wished there were more men there -- she said it's a city of women, and not enough men!

The weather wasn't very good and after threatening to rain all day, it finally started raining just as we were heading to our bus to go back to Guanajuato, so our timing was good.

This city reminds me of a cross between Cuenca and Cotacachi in Ecuador.

Here are my pictures:


An overlook of the city (reminds me of Cuenca)

The parish church, and main square




Streets remind me of Cotacachi


A great time was had by all and it was good to get back home after a long weekend away.

No comments:

Post a Comment